All it takes is one taste to understand why ice cream is a national favorite food and pastime. The creamy, cool sweetness of this velvety dessert is irresistible. When you discover one of your favorite flavors, it is literally love at first taste (or maybe sight, as well!). With so many ice cream makers available in the market, Choosing the best ice cream makers in UK is a time consuming task.
And just as it is fun to get to know the quirks of someone you love, it is fun to learn about the fun facts of ice cream. Here are a few of my favorites which I’m sure you’ll enjoy. You never know, it may also come in very handy one day when you’re playing a round of trivial pursuit or even starring on a game show!
- In just one gallon of ice cream, ice cream makers use up to 12 lbs. of milk. (You can tell your mom that there’s an impressive amount of calcium in your ice cream, which is of course why you should always eat dessert first!)
- The average American consumes 8 gallons of ice cream a year, which is more than any other nationality. (Have we considered adding it to the food pyramid yet?)
- The average ice cream cone requires 50 licks to be completed.
- The biggest ice cream sundae ever was made by Palm Daries Ltd. In Edmonton, Alberta Canada in 1988. It weighed 54,914 lbs!
- A study in 2003 showed that the residents of Portland, Oregon bought more ice cream on average than people in any other US city.
- More ice cream is bought on Sunday than any other day of the week.
- The first waffle cones were served fortuitously at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis. One of the ice cream vendors ran out of cups to serve his ice cream in, so he enlisted the help of his neighboring waffle vendor and asked him to roll his waffles into cones for him to use. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention; and in this case, a delicious one!
- Ice cream is mostly consumed by kids aged 2 – 12 or adults over the age of 45.
- A study shows that 13% of men report that they lick their ice cream bowls clean, while only 8% of women say they do, and 5% of pet owners share their ice cream with their pets!
- The most popular ice cream flavors are:
- Butter Pecan
- Strawberry and
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Of all ice cream toppings, chocolate syrup is the most popular.
- The difference between ice cream and just about anything else that freezes in your freezer is that ice cream has a very important ingredient whipped into it – air! Yes, though you may never have thought about it, but air is actually what gives ice cream it’s uniquely light and soft texture despite it’s being frozen.
- In America, ice cream is so beloved that we nearly made it into a holiday: July is National Ice Cream Month and the 3rd Sunday in July is National Ice Cream Day! Perfect timing, in the heat of summer, to be celebrating the most delectable cold food.
Now that you are well informed about the novelties of ice cream, you are sure to more intelligently enjoy your ice cream eating escapades!
Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker
For some people, ice cream is a nicety in their life. For others, ice cream is a passion in their life.
If you’re one of the people for whom ice cream is of great importance, then I can understand you. And let me tell you, you are not alone. You may be a small restaurant owner and you know that the last taste in your customer’s mouth is what leaves the lasting impression. Or you may be a culinary teacher and you are looking to teach your students to discern and appreciate the finer subtleties of frozen flavors.
Or you may be a camp director and experience has taught you that homemade ice cream can motivate and/or reward your campers while giving them the sweetest of memories to take home from their summer days at your camp. Or you may frequently host large parties: bar-b-ques in honor of graduation, Fourth of July celebrations, summer pool parties, or Labor Day picnics, and you like to be able to offer something delectable and unique to your beloved guests.
Or you may be a diehard child at heart for whom ice cream is simply one of the greatest treasures and pleasures in life; you’ve always want to be able to have the best ice cream ready and available in your home, all the time. You always told yourself as a kid, “When I grow up, I’m going to do it right!” And now your day has come.
Simply put, if you love great ice cream, then you need a state of the art ice cream maker, the Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker. There is nothing that can compare to the experience of creating your own superb ice cream in just a few minutes. With the Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker, you can offer you dinner guests a choice of ice cream flavors during the main course, and serve them the absolutely freshest and most delectable ice cream for dessert! The Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker makes it that easy.
The Many Advantages of the Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker
The Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker is designed to suffice as a commercial ice cream maker, suitable for restaurant or other large scale ice cream production uses. Its efficacy makes home use a breeze, since it is capable of much more. Its stainless steel interior and exterior supplies it with ample durability and power to produce batch after batch of top quality ice cream, even on a regular basis.
No need to prepare anything in advance. No salt or ice to purchase and store. No freezer bowls to chill a day in advance. This machine is ready and waiting to produce velvety ice cream on demand. Likewise, there’s no mess to clean up. This machine is a dream to operate.
The intelligent Italian design makes this machine more efficient and robust than other models. The built in freezer chills your ingredients in an even and smooth fashion, creating for you the creamiest of frozen desserts. Unlike other machines that make a ruckus during operation, this beauty is as quiet as can be. Its elegant stainless steel exterior is stylish and blends in gracefully to any well designed kitchen.
Are There Any Drawbacks?
There is no question that the the Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker is an all around, top of the line ice cream maker. Anyone who purchased one was happy with their choice. The only factor that causes any difficulty is that the mixing bowl is not removable. For most people, this is not a significant problem. Usually people serve the ice cream from the bowl into individual portions, but one does need to clean it out by hand.
The best method for this is not to use a sponge that requires rinsing and re-rinsing, but rather to use a damp towel which can be rotated and used until the job is done. Most Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker users report that they can clean out their machine with a few swipes and then it’s ready and set to go for the next batch of delicious homemade ice cream.
In summation, if you research the market, you’ll find that the old adage is true, you get what you pay for. This machine may cost more than other ones out there, but you’ll receive the returns in quality of ice cream and the long-lasting, high-producing quality of machine that you’ll have to enjoy for years on end.